Sanda and I went to Stromboli to hike up the active volcano! Yes....active! We met our group at 2pm and took a motor speed raft thing about 1 and half hours to Stromboli. We were going fast and bouncing all over the place. There were 20 of us on this little raft motor boat speedy thing! Some people had to hold on for dear life but Sanda and I had seats. How we got them, I don't know but we were happy we had them.
Once we arrived, it was time to rent our hiking boots, helmuts and headlamps. This was serious stuff.
We also had to pack enough food and drink for almost 12 hours and for those that know me.....food is very important so I don't get cranky!!! Cranky Lester on a hike would not be good for me or anyone else on the hike! ha! We packed enough food for about 2 days I think. We were safe!
The hike was about 3 hours up, one hour at the top and then 2 hours down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment