Thursday, August 30, 2007

Leaving Lisbon...going to The Algarve beach area...oops, no reservation!

I took the train from Lisbon to Albufiera, a beach area in The Algarve region of Portugal. Since I only had a few days remaining on my adventure, I decided to relax and enjoy the beach...no touring, no double decker hop on-hop off bus, no sight seeing, no nothing....except sitting on the beach!

I was so excited...until I arrived at the resort and they didn't have my reservation. Oh no! I just booked it online and showed the front desk manager my online confirmation. oops....I booked it for 2008 not 2007. I'm such a great meeting planner! HA! Yikes! I just stared at the manager hoping he would say that they had rooms available. Could you imagine....my last few days....with no hotel???? Excellent! Great job Les!

Phew...they did have rooms and they actually upgraded me to a suite...ha! I should book for the wrong year all the time.

No comments: