Lessons Learned in Sicily, Salina and the other Aeolian Islands.
1. No one runs except Michelle and me.
2. You are not allowed to have coffee in the morning with fruit. They do not go together. Why? I don't know and we never got a real answer for it.
3. You are NEVER allowed to have a cappuccino after breakfast time. NO WAY! Again...we don't know the reason but you're just not allowed. No one could give Sanda and me a real answer...that's just the way it is.
4. There is nothing "to go". No coffee to go, no cappuccino to go (oh yeah, but that's only for breakfast anyway), no sandwiches to go, no snacks to go, nothing....nada, niente, nothing.
5. Sicilian don't really eat breakfast. Why...no clue.
6. Lunch is eaten around 2 or 3pm. Why...again no clue...I'm starving by then!
7. Apertivo (happy hour) happens everyday from 8-9pm....my dinner time....so I got tipsy easily at apertivo...because I was ready for dinner.
8. Dinner is at 930 or 10...why? Not too sure...but I was so happy to be eating, I really didn't care what time we ate it...I just needed food by 930pm!
9. People go out at 1130pm...I'm ready for bed by then!
10. Sicilian think sitting on huge rocks to sunbathe is comfortable. Ouch! Gorgeous views and amazing water but uncomfortable rocks!
11. Sandy beach for Sicilian is about a 10 x 10 area of sand.
12. No one has dryers. All clothes hang dry outside. The laundry detergent smells great though. Everyone uses the same type.
13. No such thing as "personal space" and beware of people trying to get in front of you in line. Sanda and I quickly learned how to keep our space and how to NOT let anyone cut in front of us. We had to be strong. It was a riot but we did it!
14. The fish is delicious!
15. Fresh catch really means fresh catch of the day!
16. You really can hike a volcano in a dress! Just ask Sanda.
17. The Aeolian Islands are amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment