Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Close friends....Mia and Radu (from Hotel Fonzari)

I just realized that my last few paragraphs all start with...¨"Mia and I". Yes, she and I spent a lot of time together....class, lunch, pool time, dinner, after dinner drins-coffee, etc... I made a new, close friend...19 years younger than I am! I hope I´ll be invited to her college graduation. HA! I´ll miss Mia!

Then there´s Radu...Radu worked the later shift at the front desk at my hotel. He is a riot. He made me laugh all the time. He has a very dry sense of humor. I would laugh at his crazy sense of humor and he would laugh at my attempt at Italian. Little did I know that Italian was his 2nd language. He is Romanian. He would rather speak English to me. Thank goodness!

Radu was always nice to all of my friends that would come visit and he was always so friendly to me when I would try to figure out some things in Italian. Radu helped me get the driving directions for my Sicily trip. I think he´s scared for me. I do know how to say turn left, right and continue straight. That´s all I need, right? I told him that I´ll call him to help me when I´m driving in Sicily. He said it´s a different language in Sicily so his Italian won´t help. If his Italian won´t help, then what is my Italian going to do? NOTHING! Yikes. (Mom, don´t be nervous...I´ll have ID with me and I won´t talk to strangers. I´ll drive very carefully.)

Radu read my blog and posted a funny comment, of course. I don´t think he has anything to do at work. I bought him a comic book and a book of puzzles. He better do some work. I told him that I would not write anything bad about him...so I won´t. Radu, I´ll miss you. I know you´ll miss me! HA! I´ll write and send postcards and I will be sure to call you when I arrive in Sicily and when I arrive at Club Med! Thank you for making my time in Grado so much fun! Be nice to my friends when they stop by the hotel to say Ciao!

No comments: