Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Crazy Adventure for me! I never made it to Sicily, Club Med!

So, I did not make it to Sicily nor to Club Med (yet). Let's hope I get there today, Tuesday, June 21. I was supposed to fly direct from Madrid to Palermo (an airport on Sicily) then rent a car and drive to Club Med.

Well....here's what happened...
1. My flight was not non stop as it said it was on the internet. It went to Florence first was supposed to continue to Palermo. I thought...okay, one stop, not a problem. HA!

2. We were flying to Florence but had to land in Bologna due to high winds.

3. Awesome...I didn't know Bologna, I didn't have a hotel room, I was not making it to Club Med and I was not picking up my car. FUN! I was very calm and was a little excited for this adventure. I knew I'd figure it out.

4. What I did...I called Hotel Bellitini in Florence and booked a room. They remembered me from when I stayed there earlier, called Club Med to change my arrival to the next day and then booked a new flight to Catania (not Palermo) for the next day. Catania was closer to Club Med so I would not need to rent a car.

EASY DONE..ALL FIXED. Good practice for the Amazing Race.

3. The airline then took everyone on the flight by bus from Bologna to Florence. I made friends with a nice woman who spoke little English nor Italian (only Spanish) and her little girl. They had a lot of luggage so I helped them. We became friends and her daughter held my hand for safety.

4. We arrived in Florence and then I waited in line for a taxi to go to Hotel Bellitini. They were happy to see me. It's nice to feel like you have a home. I felt very comfortable in Florence and at the hotel.

5. Bed for me! Long travel day!

No comments: