Thursday, October 25, 2007

Surfing!

Lynnie and I have had 3 surf lessons so far. We started in the white water and then have been working our way up...trying to catch the wave before it breaks. Lynnie has been doing really well but I'm still a little scared. Each day we get a little better.

Yesterday the waves were bigger and the biggest for me. We got into the water easily and started to paddle out so we could learn to catch the waves before they broke. Since the waves were big I decided to paddle out a little more so I could go over the waves and then I realized that I was all by myself with no one around.

I was really far out....alone...no instructor, no anyone. It was a feel strange feeling...a little scary yet a little cool at the same time.

I realized I was too far out when my instructor, Carlos, came out to get me and said, "Leslie...too far out...too big of waves..let's go closer." That's when I got a little scared. Oh well. I tried to pop up on some big waves but got slammed a little bit. Lynnie did really well! She rode the waves a few times. It was great to watch.

No comments: