Friday, October 26, 2007

Class Field Trip to Avellanas

Today, our entire class with the instructors, went to another beach....Avellanas to surf. I didn't surf though, I just watched everyone else enjoy the waves. They were kinda crazy today though...but everyone seems to enjoy him/herself.

We left the camp at 11:00 a.m. and took 2 vans with surfboards tied to the top. It was quite the adventure. After we left, it started to pour. We still continued on our way. The roads in Costa Rica are NOT paved at all so we were going over, through and around HUGE potholes for our entire ride...about 45 minutes. By the time we got there everyone was a bit sick but the sun had come out so the sickness went away quickly.

Everyone did so well! It was amazing to watch. Again, I was carried along the beach to watch. About 2 hours later, it started to pour again so we all hung out in a very cool restaurant along the beach. We had some food then headed back to camp. Oh yeah...one of the vans broke down and we had to wait for it to be fixed before we could go anywhere. It was a true adventure.

Along our ride home, we saw monkeys in the trees. Very cool.

Tonight we have our "graduation party". It should be a good time. I have met fabulous friends here.

Tomorrow...everyone will surf again and I will hang out and watch again. It's been an amazing trip...2 more days to enjoy.

No comments: