Monday, July 16, 2007

Lessons Learned, Random Thoughts...Really just stuff I write down

1. I haven´t been using my travel books as much as I depend more on the web and personal recommendations. The books are heavy so they´re probably going to be shipped home.

2. I don´t have a home right now...shipping home really means shipping to Stephanie´s apartment in NYC. Thanks Steph!

3. I bet the U.S. has just as many gorgeous places as Europe. I just have to visit them next!

4. Stockholm is my favorite airport so far. They have a great internet cafe, good snacks and it was very clean and organized.

5. I definitely prefer smaller towns over larger citites. No doubt! I feel more comfortable in smaller towns.

6. Many hotels offer a breakfast buffet included in your room rate. This is great, except I realized that when people walk through the buffet they run into you. No one looks where they are going...too busy staring at the eggs.

7. I still get nervous each time I wait for my luggage at baggage claim.

8. I also still get a little nervous my first day in a new place.

9. I don´t like looking at maps. I really enjoy when I´m traveling with someone if he or she looks at the map. e.g. Jason, Wendi, Marisa....Steph, I hope you´re ready to read a map!

10. Starbucks made it to Barcelona.

11. Barcelona has a chocolate museum.

12. When taking a bus tour, you should always take the 1st tour offered in the day. Less crowds...less annoying tourists.

13. I´m so glad I´m not traveling in a big group. I notice many big groups and no one can make a decision. They all just stare at each other.

I can go where and when I want and I don´t have to ask anyone else. I highly recommend traveling alone or with 1 or 2 friends...that´s it!

14. Do a ´test run´with the safe in your room before putting valuables in it. Sometimes it will lock and you can´t get it open. That would stink if you put valuables in it.

15. Crocs are everywhere!

16. Many people, men and women of all ages, have tattoos. Lots! Nice ones too! Don´t worry Ma, I´m not getting one.

17. In the elevator, Marisa and I noticed that the button E was for the lobby. We would always say ¨E for Lobby¨ Not sure why, but it was E. ???

18. Sitges has the best laundry place. The detergent smells the best. I washed even clean clothes so they would smell good too.

19. I have not yet been to a city with humidity. Sorry to tell everyone that. I know it´s been really hot and humid at home.

20. I saw a lot of boobies on the beach again. The girls and ladies don´t wear bras either. No, I didn´t go topless. My boobies would blind everyone. They´re so white!

21. Young kids have very fashionable haircuts.

22. You always have to ask for your check. No one ever rushes you out of a restaurant.

No comments: