Saturday, March 22, 2008

Some lessons learned!

It's been a while since I wrote any lessons learned....hmmm???....let's think.....

1. The snow doesn't stop!

2. When it's sunny in Aspen, it's really warm. You can walk around without a jacket. It may be 45 and sunny, but it feels much warmer. It's awesome!

3. People wear shorts around town when the temperature is above 40.

4. Apply A LOT of sunscreen when skiing or else you'll get a "goggle" sunburnt face. Right Stacey and Adam? HA!!!! They did not apply enough and got completely sunburnt. Stacey's face is peeling now. I'm sure it looks pretty. HA! Sorry Stacey - had to write about it!

5. You can always do one more run.....even if you're tired....you can always do one more!

6. Bumps and powder can be fun (and funny)!

7. I really enjoy my job! A lot! I really enjoy the people I work with too. We have a great time, even when it's crazy busy!! We laugh a lot!

Oh, I forgot to mention...I won "Employee of the Month" for March. Yeah for me. Funny! Lynne, stop laughing!

8. Restaurants are just as expensive in Aspen as they are in NYC.

9. No one is stressed in Aspen....except for some of the tourists. Not sure why....they're on vacation.

10. Aspen gets huge slush puddles!!

11. The weather can change in a minute. One minute, it can be sunny and then one minute later, a huge snow storm will come. So weird.

12. The snow is really light so it's easy to clean of your car.

13. Always dress in layers....when skiing and even when just going out. Be prepared for any type of weather.

14. It's gorgeous out here!

15. I still get tipsy quickly out here. I'm still not used to the altitude. It's annoying. I like to drink more than I can out here. (no Ma, I don't have a problem, I promise)

16. I looking forward to visiting my sister in Venice Beach and everyone in NYC during the off season. I also think I'll be excited to come back to Aspen for the spring and summer.

17. To those friends whom wanted to visit this winter, but couldn't, start looking for flights for the summer! Get ready for some fun in NYC in May! See you soon!

No comments: