Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My new friends...Patrick and Timothy!

One day when I was working quietly in my little concierge office (an old coat check closet), when I received an email from Patrick. I thought to myself, "Who is this guy emailing me?" Well it turns out that he is a "big wig" for Kimpton Hotels based out of NYC (The Sky Hotel is a Kimpton Hotel) and he was coming to stay at The Sky. I helped him with some restaurants, Aspen sites, ski lessons and othe random Aspen things to do.

Patrick and I emailed a lot and quickly became friends. He had (and still does have) a very dry wit and everyone knows I love a dry wit. We made each other laugh a lot over email and over the phone. He was my new friend. Patrick was coming to Aspen with Timothy. They were very excited for a great vacation. I couldn't wait to meet the both of them.

I met Patrick and Timothy for the first time at Campo di Fiori and we were immediately new pals. I went to dinner with them the next night and probably talked to them at least 5 times a day when they were staying in the hotel. They had a fabulous vacation and they are now "stuck" with me as a new friend. I can't wait to hang out with them in NYC when I visit. Get ready Patrick and Timothy...I'll be in NYC soon!

No comments: