Thursday, December 27, 2007

Some differences...NYC vs. Aspen

Besides the obvious...mountains vs. city...

1. I have a dishwasher.

2. I have a garbage disposal.

3. I have a washer and dryer IN the building.

4. I have a car AND parking.

5. People smile and say good morning on my walk to work.

6. I went to get a parking permit and the sign said I needed a Colorado registration but I didn't have one so I started to walk out and the person behind the counter stopped me and said that was not a problem, she'll give me a guest permit and it's good for a year. The time it took to get the permit was less than 5 minutes. Easy and not a hassle.

7. My super gave me back the holiday tip I left him. He said the cookies were perfect but he felt funny taking the $.

8. People stop for you when crossing the street.

9. No flying trapeze classes. :(

10. Salaries!! It's okay though....I'd rather make a lot less to be less stressed. It's not worth it.

11. The view from my "office". NYC, I looked out upon the East River and the Statue of Liberty and in Aspen, my office is a "used to be" coat check closet. I sit with a heater at my toes every day. But....I'm happy.

12. Way of life!

No comments: