Saturday, May 26, 2007

Wednesday, May 23rd continued....2nd half of the day

Anthony and I met for a drink at 7:00 p.m. at a pub by my hotel. We had one drink then moved onto a place called Harry's. The night before, Anthony went to Harry's and met the bartender, Leo, and 2 nice ladies, Stephanie and Jan. Once we arrived, I met them too! I will post a picture of them.

I think Leo has worked at Harry's for 30 or more years. Jan and Stephanie are great friends that travel the world together. (Steph, maybe that can be you and me one day! :) ) They're from California. They gave me great ideas of places to go, all over Europe. I hope they read this....It was wonderful to meet them!

After Harry's, Anthony and I went to a bar/lounge named Slowly. It was supposed to be the "place to go." I'm so hip - yeah, right!?! Anyway, we got there and it was empty so we sat at the bar and became pals with the bartender, Henry, Enrico Pecoraro. The only reason I know his name is because he was written up in a magazine. I found that out after we met him. He's one of the top bartenders in Florence. He was really nice and made great drinks. Once the lounge got crowded, we realized that everyone knew Henry. Crazy. I kinda felt cool for a minute. Not really, but maybe for one minute.

Oh, everyone said that the guys are hot in Florence...I haven't seen any...except Henry. Really, I haven't.

Enough of that night. I left Slowly before Anthony. I have no clue how late he stayed out or what happened to him that night. There were lots of chicks in the bar. HMM???? Anthony...I hope you had fun your last night in Florence!

No comments: