Saturday, May 26, 2007

Things I have learned....

1. Bring sunscreen with you from the U.S. - it's really expensive here.

2. It's okay to be a tourist - organized tours are the best way to learn.

3. Bring earplugs...my neighbor "kept me awake" one night...if you know what I mean. I'm gald I had earplugs...yeah!

4. I've learned to try new foods....lots of meats and smelly cheeses. Steph - not the cheeses that you like, but you'd be proud of me. I'm trying a lot!

5. Lynne hates that I wear black running socks with my new cool adidas sneakers. My new sneakers have gold stripes. I'm trying to be cool and hip. I doubt it's working.

6. Only Americans go running in the morning

7. When going onto a bus you only enter through the front and back door - never the middle. You exit the bus through the middle.

8. I think I'm really Catholic... not Jewish.
Mom, I've been in more churches this past week than I have synagogue the past 10 years. Sorry.

9. The clothes do not fit the same. I can not fit in any pants, too tight in random places and too loose in random places.

10. My travel angel that Leah gave me, worked!

11. The locals are outnumbered by tourists 5 to 1 , easily.

12. They serve shrimp with the heads. You have to peel them and cut off the heads yourself. Still yummy though.

13. It is cheaper to eat in Florence than it is in NYC.

14. All the music that is played in bars, stores and restaurants is American. All the music is in English.

15. The kids are the same. If you smile and waved at them, they smile and wave back!

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of it right now. I'm getting hungry...have to go to dinner.

2 comments:

leah said...

Ahh.. Leslie!! It sounds like you are having an amazing time! I'm enjoying reading all of your blog entries everyday. I'm sure your bike tour will go very well. You never know... maybe you'll be a very good biker :-)
Have a great time and stay safe

~L~

P.S.- glad the Travel Angel worked. And my mom says that you should visit some synagogues too!

SUZ said...

Hey Les, sounds like you are having the time of your life. And its only the very beginning of your adventure! Isn't Italy just the BEST!?! Its hot here in NYC; 90 degrees yesterday. Finally we have summer weather. Ciao bella!